- Status Operational
- Availability Commercial
- Facility Layout Rectangular
- Facility Width (meters)19.3
- Facility Length (meters)14.6
- Facility Height (meters)1.5
- Maximum Water Depth (meters)1.2
- Maximum Current Velocity (meters per second)0.1
- Minimum Wave Period (second)0.8
- Maximum Wave Height (meters)0.45
- Wave Maker Active Wave absorption Second Order Wave Generation Directional Waves Short Crested Waves
- Types Piston Snake
- Measurements Water Surface Elevation Measurement Current Velocity Measurement Pressure Measurement Force Measurement Overtopping Measurement Breakwater Stability Measurement Optical Tracking Measurement Bathymetry Profile Measurement
Welcome to the Ocean and Coastal Engineering Laboratory – an integrated part of the research and teaching at the Department of Civil Engineering at Aalborg University.
At the Ocean and Coastal Engineering Laboratory, we have created a modern, flexible laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment. We have more than 30 years of research experience related to physical model testing and have developed advanced model testing techniques to test ports, coastal structures, offshore structure, wave energy converters etc.