- Status Operational
- Availability Commercial Research Student project
- Facility Layout Rectangular
- Facility Width (meters)0.7
- Facility Length (meters)25
- Facility Height (meters)1
- Maximum Water Depth (meters)0.7
- Maximum Wave Height (meters)0.3
- Wave Maker Active Wave absorption
- Types Piston
- Measurements Water Surface Elevation Measurement Pressure Measurement Force Measurement Overtopping Measurement Breakwater Stability Measurement Optical Tracking Measurement Bathymetry Profile Measurement
The DHI Wave Flume is capable of producing regular and irregular waves as well as focused wave groups for breaking wave impact testing. The wave generation system is equipped with active wave absorption to minimize re-reflection of waves in the flume. The flume has a horizontal bed which can be modified/casted to specific bathymetries for testing wave transformation towards the test area. The test area is fitted with a viewing window to allow for inspection and recording of the wave-structure interaction.
The facility is used for consultancy and research activities for e.g. ports and harbour tests for breakwater stability and overtopping and wave loads on coastal and offshore structures.