- CategoriesDeep water towing tank
- Length (metres)240
- Width (metres)12
- Heigth (metres)5.5
- Mininum speed (m/s)0
- Maximum speed (m/s)14
- Speed accuracy (+- % of actual speed)0.2
- Powering (Total kW)300
- Wave maker typeDouble flap wave maker
- Maximum wave height (metres)0.9
- Minimum wave period (s)0.5
- Maximum wave period (s)7
- MeasurementsForce meas. Displacement meas. Pressure meas. Acceleration meas. Propeller thrust and torque Wave meas. Optical tracking meas. Manoeuvring meas. 3D wake meas. Added mass and damping tests Vortex Induced Motion tests of offshore platforms and structures Wave in deck tests Overtrawlability tests
- GeneralThird party accreditation
FORCE Technology operates five wind tunnels. Our wind tunnels are well-suited for experimental investigations of issues related to wind energy and civil engineering, including wing profiles and scaled models, and maritime vessels and structures, including installation ships and offshore structures. FORCE Technology – Division for Maritime Industry (DMI) – has more than 50 years of experience within the field of aerodynamic investigations. In this course, FORCE Technology has utilized the in-house expertise and experience available and continuously developed techniques as well as methods which ensure that the tests may be carried out efficiently and cost effectively. Our facilities include a climatic wind tunnel, where the influence of rain on testing objects and aspects of ice-accretion can be studied.
Please contact via +45 43 25 07 00 regarding wind tunnels and towing tank.